Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mid-week Post

This week is going well so far. . . I still need to get my "official" exercising in and will get the 1st one in tonight. In order to meet my goal of at least 3 times, I gotta exercise tonight, tomorrow and Friday. I CAN DO IT!


Last night we made a recipe that I found over at Honey I Shrank Myself and it was delicious!!! The portions are hearty and it tastes really really good. I didn't think it'd have too much taste or flavor as you just use regular tomato sauce to make it, but it was amazingly flavorful! I thought for sure I'd have to make it again with some 'adding spices' adjustments, but it was great as is! YUMMY! It was very easy and the entire family ate it and enjoyed it, including my 2 and 1/2 yr old. My 9 month old wanted some too, but it was his bed time by the time we ate. He'll get some left overs today :)

Here's the recipe. . . THANKS Lorie!

food+109.jpg


Baked Ziti with Beef (6.5 points)(From Cooking Light) (and Nancy)
~
4 cups Tomato Sauce
1 pound ground round
4 cups cooked ziti or rigatoni (about 2 1/2 cups uncooked pasta)
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
Cooking spray
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350°.Cook beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned; stir to crumble. Drain well. Combine beef, rigatoni, Tomato Sauce, and 1 cup mozzarella in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with 1/2 cup mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Serving Size = 1 cup


UPDATE: My baby LOVED this dish today when I served it as leftovers for lunch!!

Tonight, I am planning on making twice baked potatoes, red lobster biscuits and some glazed ham. I'll post the recipes once I've tasted them and can do a little review on them. I'm excited to try it all though as it looks and sounds delicious!

Oh and I can't believe that Memorial Day weekend is coming right up! I'm gonna have to stay focused and bring my own food as we have been invited to a BBQ Saturday, Sunday and Monday! Wow, we never go that many places in a row! It's nuts, but I'm excited to hang out with family and friends. I really like BBQ's even though there's usually always tons of unhealthy things, it's easier to bring your own food and just have them throw it on the grill. Chicken is always a great option as well as Boca Burgers. You can marinate the chicken before you go and it will be even that more delicious. Then, you can bring a dessert or side that is WW compliant and you're good to go. BBQ's are mostly buffet style anyways and you're usually asked to bring your own meat and at least one side, so that makes it easy. You just gotta stay motivated, bring the necessary items to keep you in your points and have a WONDERFUL meal! 

Well, I'm off to run errands with 2 babies in tow. That burns a few calories right? C'mon, I gotta keep my motivation somehow right? LOL! ;)

I hope everyone's week is going well and you always remember that NOTHING tastes as good as losing weight!!!


1 comment:

mom_of2boys said...

I know you'll be able to get your "official" exercise in. Just remember...it takes as little as 10 minutes!

I love BBQ's too! We have them at our house so I am in control of the food! They will be getting lots of healthy food and then unhealthy food that I don't like..LOL.

Have a great weekend and enjoy your BBQ's!