Friday, April 25, 2008

Fitness on Fridays!


 Fitness on Friday


Okay, so it's been over a week since I returned home from vacation. Since being home, I'm even more determined to LOSE weight. My first goal is to get back down to my Weight Watchers goal weight. I know I feel so much better about myself when I'm at that weight, so I'm looking forward to getting there! I know I can do it as I've done it before twice. I'm a life time member of Weight Watchers and TRULY love everything about the program. It's exactly what they say. . . It's  "not a diet, It's a way of life!! I was able to lose a lot of weight originally on this program and then after having my first baby, I was able to get back to my goal weight. I'm currently trying to get back to this goal weight after having my second baby. I slacked off for a bit, but there are NO EXCUSES now! I just keep picturing myself at that weight and CAN'T WAIT to be there again! I am more determined than ever to lose lose lose!

Once at my goal, I'm hoping to lose a bit more and even feel better! At Weight Watchers, there is a range that you can be in that is considered healthy for your height. My goal is not at the tip top of the range, but is also not at the very bottom. However, it is closer to the top of the range than bottom though, thus, I can lose more after getting to goal and still be A-okay! But, FOR NOW, my focus is to get to my original goal weight.

What have I done this week to accomplish this? Well. . . I've stayed within my points EVERYDAY! I've also tried to drink more, but could still figure in more water. I exercised, but not as much as I had planned, so that is my goal for this coming week. I plan to exercise at least 5 days this week and drink more water/Diet V-8 Splash ;) ;)  I did however, lose all the weight I unfortunately gained on vacation (which won't happen again btw!!) and am thrilled about that :) Everytime I stand on the scale (which is WAY to often), I'm excited to see the number go down even if it's only a half a pound or whatever. It's still a loss and not a gain! 

This past week, I've also been enjoying visiting tons of new blogs and websites and reading about other people's journeys with weight loss. I find this really helps to motivate me! By surrounding myself with people on the same journey I am, I find I am more motivated than ever!!! I've linked to a few of the sites I've found and need to link to more and will hopefully get that done this week. (I do have a lot of them bookmarked :) I've found LOTS of delicious recipes and am really enjoying making new things that taste great, yet are low in points. I'll try and get some of the recipes posted later on this week as well. Right now, I need to go to sleep as it's almost 2 am and SLEEP is, believe it or not, a important component in losing weight as well. 

Last, but certainly NOT least, I leave you all with a quote from a great friend of mine named Leeann who posted this on her blog recently (take a moment to go read her entire post, it's VERY inspiring!)


Nothing in this world, tastes as good as confidence and respect for yourself!!!


Good luck to you all this week and I'm looking forward to reading other Fitness on Friday entries for motivation :)


3 comments:

Michelle said...

WTG on losing the vacation weights! That's usually my downfall too when we go out of town, we eat out more and I don't usually eat well. :P

That's awesome you stayed within your points everyday this week. You go girl!! Keep up the good work. :D

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to say that I love your positive attitude! I have no doubt that you will reach your goal! :)

Rhonda said...

What a great positive attitude you have!!! Thank you for giving me some inspiration. I'm doing WW too, not meetings or anything, just me & my friend. I do have a hard time staying within my points some days, but I'm trying...and I have a friend at work who has been kicking my butt into gear!!
Keep up the good work!!! :)