Monday, April 21, 2008

I'M GONNA LOSE WEIGHT!

So, I've decided to start this blog as a way for me to motivate myself even more to lose weight. I feel more accountable by posting my progress and my accomplishments as well as set backs. It's my hope that by keeping up with my posts here, I can get back to my goal weight with WW quickly and then lose more beyond that! 

I've been REALLY motivated this past week after getting back from vacation to have NO EXCUSES and eat right, drink my water and exercise! It's helped me a lot to visit other blogs who talk about losing weight and the journey they are on. I've found great motivation there!! I've got tons of new recipes and have made some good bloggy friends who help me to keep on going with my determination to lose weight.

I am a participant in Fitness on Friday, which you can find on Bye Bye Fat Mom! It's a great place to check in with others who are trying to lose weight and be more active. If you haven't stopped by, be sure to check it out. 

For now, I thought I'd share some recipes I found on Honey I Shrank Myself. I LOVE this blog and all the encouragement it gives me. Plus, she's always posting terrific recipes that are not only WW compliant, but TOTALLY delicious!! 

I made these yesterday:

Slow Cooker Lasagna:

1 pound lean ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 medium garlic clove, minced
28 oz. canned crushed tomatoes
15 oz. canned tomato sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
6 no cook lasagna noodles
~
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add beef, onion, and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently and breaking up meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, oregano, basil, and crushed red pepper; simmer 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.Meanwhile in a medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.Spoon 1/3 of beef mixture into 5 quart slow cooker. Break 3 lasagna sheets in half and arrange over beef mixture; top with half of the ricotta mixture. Repeat with another layer and finish with remaining 1/3 of beef mixture.Cover slow cooker and cook on low setting at least 6 hours.Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese over top of mixture. Cover and continue cooking until cheese melts and lasagna firms up, about 10 minutes.
Makes 6 generous servings.
8 WW Points Make sure you check the points based on the ingredients you use.


OKAY AND WHEN THIS SAYS GENEROUS SERVINGS, IT'S LITERALLY TRUE!! YAY!!!

I also made:

Chips Ahoy Dessert
~
1/2 cup fat free milk
18 reduced fat Chips Ahoy Cookies
2 cups fat free milk
1 8 oz. fat free Cool Whip
1 small box chocolate fat free, sugar free pudding mix
~
Pour 1/2 cup of the milk in a shallow bowl. Dip cookies in the milk very briefly and line 8 X 8 dish with them. Take 1/2 the Cool Whip and spread over cookies. Mix the chocolate pudding with 2 cups milk. Layer over top of Cool Whip. Dip next 9 cookies in the milk and lay on top of pudding. Top with remaining Cool Whip. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Makes 9 servings, 2 WW points.


ALL of these were delicious and SO FILLING!! Loved them!

Oh and today my hubby and I took our kids swimming, so while it may have NOT been a total work out, at least we weren't home sitting around :)

Okay, there's my first post! I'll get more added on here soon! I'm excited at least have this blog up and running! YIPPEE!



7 comments:

Crystal said...

Keep it up Jen... You are on your way!

Lorie said...

I just wrote you this long comment and it said duplicate?
Anyway, I was just saying I like comments, you comment away. I really think comments have helped encourage me and made me do better. My blog has given me all I expected of it and more! I hope this blog does the same for you.
Mymain blog is http://lories-stitch-in-time.blogspot.com/. I have decided to only post recipes on there that I can eat. People seem to like it. I think you might like some of those too. I am planning on doing some weight loss article reviews soon on my weight loss blog you might enjoy those too.
I was just wondering..are you doing ww? Do you have the ww materials or are you using something you found online? They changed the points system about 3 years ago, so if you want or need some help, I'll be happy to help you.

Lorie said...

Well I read what you are doing with WW, just did not get through all of your comments before coming here. Sorry.

Carolyn said...

Good luck and congratulations! It definitely helps to accomplish your goals if others hold you accountable. I find it's not always easy to hold myself accountable. I convince myself it's okay not to do things I've promised myself, but if I tell others, I'm better about keeping my promises. Does that make any sense?

My point - good idea on creating a blog about this issue. You go girl!

One suggestion? Perhaps create a gratitude list - reasons why it's important for you to loose weight. And don't just focus only on weight - try to focus on health instead. That way you are focusing on a positive outcome, rather than the negativity of the weight.

When I was in competitive sports, something else we did was positive visualization. Try spending a minute or two each day, maybe just before you fall asleep to visualize yourself looking and feeling great. It's my belief that you cannot accomplish anything without actually seeing yourself in that role. You must be able to visualize the outcome you are seeking or you will never get there. I always do this before job interviews too. I imagine the boss telling me I got the job. It's like calling the universe to create your dream.

Sorry for the novel, but my heart goes out to people who struggle with weight issues. I’m very fortunate to have petite genes, but when I was pregnant I gained a lot of weight and suddenly understood how incredibly difficult it is to get off the couch and move your body. It really opened my eyes and reminded be to be grateful for my naturally thin body and how lucky I was that most of the weight came off the moment Csilla was born.

Good luck. I’ll try to check in on your progress regularly, but be sure to let me know about any major accomplishments!

Em said...

it's called the secret

Pam said...

I think you are doing well! Keep it up!

Did you do that background yourself? It is cool- all the backgrounds on your blogs are amazing!

NuttyGal said...

WOW, you have one too - how cool is that!!! Great minds think alike then ;o) Well hopefully we will be able to motivate each other! Loola's Daddy just said he would watch her 2 night a week so I can go swimming! Hope you have a good day - I'm off to bed! I don't know what the time difference is over there, anyways, waffling again LOL - Hope to read ya other blog tomorrow - looking forward to hearing about your holiday!!!